sábado, 4 de maio de 2013

The Fast Metabolism Diet

I only bought this book because Amazon recommended it, I had never heard of the diet or the book but the idea of losing up to 20 pounds in 28 days sounded too good to be true, but I'm a diet book junkie so I bought it.

I like the idea of the diet, and I especially like the positive tone the author uses throughout her book, she really makes you believe that if you follow it to a tee you'll shift the weight and improve your health and speed up a sluggish metabolism.

For who has done Atkins and the Dukan Diet, Haylie's diet seems quite doable.

It's divided into 3 phases:

Phase 1 - 2 days -
High in Low Glycemic Carbs, Moderate Lean Protein, No fat
Exercise: At least 1 day of Cardio (30-40 mins)

Phase 2 - 2 days -
Loads of Low Glycemic Veggies, High Protein, No fat or carbs
Exercise: At least 1 day of Weight training

Phase 3 -  3 days -
Lots of good fats, Moderate LG Carbs, Moderate Lean Protein
Exercise: At least 1 day of Yoga, Relaxation, Deep Breathing or Massage


The idea is confusing the body in order to shift excess weight. It also promises to heal sluggish metabolisms which have been harmed by excessive dieting and overall crappy food.

 Diet Do's and Dont's:

Do's:
  1. Eat 5 times a day
  2. You must eat every 3-4 hours, except when you are sleeping
  3. You must eat within 30 mintues of waking every day
  4. You must stay on the plan for the full 28 days
  5. You must stick to the foods allowed in your current phase
  6. You must follow the phases in order
  7. You must drink half of your body weight in ounces of water every day (this helps flushing out toxins stored in fat cells)
  8. Eat organic whenever possible (this is going to be hard as organic food is not so easy to find in Brazil, and it is VERY expensive)
  9. Meats must be nitrate-free
  10. Exercise according to your phase

Dont's:

  1. No Wheat (I don't actually mind this much)
  2. No Corn 
  3. No dairy (I will miss cheese)
  4. No soy (no problem, hate the thing!)
  5. No refined sugar (*shurg* Yeah, sort of expected this)
  6. No caffeine (I'm not minding having to stop drinking my beloved diet coke so much, but I'm really afraid of the withdrawal)
  7. No alcohol (No problem here)
  8. No dried fruit or fruit juices (I'll miss the option of having some juice now and then)
  9. No artificial sweeteners
  10. No fat-free or "diet" food


I don't know if I'm still feeling super positive from reading the success stories or if the author's style of writing just keeps you really excited about a really difficult-to-follow diet, but if it works and I do in fact lose 10 kg in 28 days I think I'll be on a constant weight loss high!

It took me almost one year to lose that amount of weight, now I have 28,2 kg to go until my ideal goal weight.

Well I'm working on my meal charts and shopping lists! I'd like to start tomorrow but I don't think that will be possible as I have no Phase 1 foods in, (unless I eat brown rice for breakfast - Weird!)







Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário