sábado, 4 de maio de 2013

I'm back!

A lot has happened since my last post. I lost most of my hair again, I had to have surgery on my left wrist which made it really hard to type. Almost a year later and I can't type much more than I could right after the operation. But I'm about to embark on a new weight loss journey and I would like to keep a record of my success (Yes, I'm positive about this) which might possibly help other people.

Since the last time I logged in my weight shifted a bit:

My weight on:
(when I seriously decided it was time to lose weight)

Jan 21, 2012:  95.0 kg

My current weight:
May 4, 2013: 86.2 kg

My Final Goal Weight: 58kg(-28.2kg)

So yes, that means losing 28.2 Kg! Agh! I'd rather not think about how much that means right now, but to be honest if I get to 62 Kg I'll be really happy (that's the best weight I've had as an adult, so if I could just reach it I'd be ecstatic).

My small weight loss goals and their rewards:

1) 78 kg (- 8.2kg) It's out of the 80s and I'll be really happy when I reach this small goal, plus a lot of my clothes will start fitting me really well again.
Reward: New, smaller, pair of jeans

2) 74 kg (- 12.2kg) When I hit this smaller goal (it's a small difference from goal 1) but that means I'll reach my 'healthy BMI' I don't really believe much in this whole BMI thing but it's a guideline and I'd like to reach this number and have it as a stepping stone.

3) 68kg (- 18,2 kg) This is the weight I was when I got married. Yes I did lose 15 kg before the wedding on the South Beach Diet. After I got married a LOT happened and I gained a lot of weight, my thyroid went crazy, I started losing my hair, I had loads of trouble with my job and I was taking Propanolol for migraines which I found out stalls your metabolism. And of course, I started cooking and I really wanted to please my hubby so I tried to only make delicious meals which involved loads of carbs, fat, and sugar.

4) 64 kg (- 22,2kg) This is close to the lowest weight I've ever had, but I'd rather be realistic and add more WL goals the closer I get to my objective because let's be honest, the closer you get , the harder it is to lose weight.
Reward: I think the weight itself will be a  reward!

5) 62kg (- 24,2 kg) This is the lowest  weight I can remember having as an adult. I've recently seen a picture in which I weighed this and I am impressed at how silly I was. I thought I was so fat when in fact I was so close to my dream body. I did have hyperthyroidism at the time, but I truly believe that now that I'm on the proper thyroid meds I can reach this weight again.

And finally - Drumroll.....

6) 58kg (- 28,2kg) I've never weighed this little, but it has been my goal weight since forever. I don't know why this is my magical number, maybe it's because what the Gym trainer told me when I was 17 and used to go to the gym everyday, maybe it's because what doctors always told me I should weigh, maybe it's because I saw a picture of an actress who is my height and weighs that. I know these are ridiculous reasons, but this is my magical number and it's not unhealthy so I will stick to it (as apparently not even 10 years can erase it from my mind.) if I'm going to lose weight, I don't want to stop 4 kg shy of my goal when it's so close. If I'm going to go through a gruelingly hard diet, I might as well do it all the way. Perhaps accepting that this is my goal weight will actually help me stick to my diet instead of conforming to a higher number on my scale. Of course if I reach 62 kg and am very happy with how I look, I'll stop, but I don't really think I can stop until I reach my "Magic Number".





Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário