segunda-feira, 2 de abril de 2012

Fork in the road


I went to the supermarket yesterday, and it was a real challenge deciding what to put in my trolley. 

I was trying to decide between banning gluten and dairy from my diet or maybe cutting all carbs, and this and that. The truth is, I'm starting to get a little desperate to see the changes I've made show on the scales and on my body. 

All the diet books I've read have messed with my mind a bit as their ideas clash a bit. 



So I decided to try and figure out for myself what works for me, what sort of diet helps me lose weight and keep healthy and nourished (I have vitamin deficiencies).

I bought lots of veggies, lean cuts of meat, lots of natural seasonings (garlic, onions, parsley), I avoided artificial preservatives as much as possible. 

In the end I left the supermarket with ingredients to make a veggie chicken soup (which I will freeze in small portions for when I don't feel like cooking dinner). Lean meat which was already chopped, which I'll use for an oriental-style stir fry, minus the pasta. I got ready chopped and washed veggies for the stirfry. 
Washed and bagged salad (watercress, lettuce, carrots), one roasted chicken which I ate last night for dinner (not the whole chicken! I just had a bit of breast, LOL).
I got lots of lean cuts of beef and chicken, which I seasoned myself when I got home with a natural marinade the onions, garlic, etc etc 

I'm proud because there were no highly processed, salty and preservative laden foods in my cart. 

I didn't get any fruit at the supermarket as they weren't too fresh, I'd rather get them near home at the fresh food market. 


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário